Find curricula for your summer program
Visit our Curriculum Review Forum
, showcasing curricula commonly used by summer programs. Have you used any of these curricula? Add your own review! Have a curriculum to add to the list? Click here
What does an effective summer learning curriculum look like?
An effective summer curriculum should help your program meet its goals. Use the checklist below to assess if a curriculum is appropriate for your program.
Does the curriculum:
- align with your program’s identified goals?
- connect to school year academic learning, but looks and feels different from traditional curricula?
- provide both structure and flexibility in delivery and timing?
- include a user-friendly staff development component for effective implementation?
- offer assessment tools which go beyond standardized measures of success?
- uses ‘summer friendly’ language?