Please join the National Summer Learning Association on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 for Summer Learning Advocates Hill Day in Washington, DC! We need your presence and your voices on Capitol Hill to tell your representatives how important the 21st Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) program and other federal funding is to the students in your programs and your community. Your Hill Day will include:
- Training on what to say and how to meet with a Member and his/her staff
- A personalized schedule of Hill meetings with Members who represent your state and district, arranged by NSLA
- Materials outlining the key asks we are making of Members to save 21st CCLC and other key federal funding. (Please feel free to also bring your own outreach materials.)
- Opportunity for you to build a relationship with your Members’ offices, invite them to visit your summer program, and discuss why their support for summer is so important to you
- Materials to help your program plan for National Summer Learning Week on July 8-13
Students and families who can speak about why your program is personally important to them are welcome to join us.
All travel and accommodations expenses are the responsibility of attendees. NSLA cannot reimburse expenses or make travel arrangements. A few tips for planning:
- Please plan to arrive by 8:00 a.m. for breakfast and training (Meeting location near Capitol Hill to be determined)
- Our day will conclude by 4:00 p.m. Please note any restrictions on your schedule in the registration
- Capitol Hill meetings will be walkable or a short ride by taxi or bus. A map will be provided at the training.
- Lunch will be on your own. A list of lunch options will be provided at the training