Accepting Applications Through March 2, 2022
2022 Summer Policy Internship Program
The National Summer Learning Association (NSLA) has teamed up with the NBA Foundation to recruit college students of color for a paid public policy internship in Washington, DC this summer. Do you know any college students who may be interested? If so, please encourage them to apply ASAP via this link!
Students will work on Capitol Hill or with a public policy organization. They will be immersed in professional development throughout this internship experience, which can lead to full-time employment opportunities! Interns will receive a $4,000 stipend plus $1,000 for a professional wardrobe, in addition to having their housing and transportation costs covered.
- Identifies as a person of color
- Possesses an interest, passion and commitment to public service, government, and/or politics
- Willing to learn and become more involved as a leader in the summer learning community
- 3.0 GPA is preferred
- Students who are eligible for the Pell Grant, have DACA status, and/or receive federal financial aid as a student with disabilities, are preferred
- Live, attend school, or be an alumni of a summer learning program that operate in one of the following NBA cities:
Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Los Angeles, CA; Memphis, TN; Miami, FL; Milwaukee, WI; Minneapolis, MN; New Orleans, LA; New York City, NY; Oklahoma City, OK; Orlando, FL; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; Sacramento, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Antonio, TX; San Francisco, CA; Toronto, ON; Washington, DC.
The deadline to apply is March 2, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact NSLA’s Director, Programs and Systems Quality, Leslie Gabay-Swanston, at email@example.com. Together, we can showcase how summer can promote learning and change lives.