2022 Winners Will Be Announced This August
Each year, NSLA recognizes programs that provide high quality summer learning opportunities to young people in communities across the nation. Program candidates for the Summer Learning Awards demonstrate excellence in accelerating academic achievement and promoting healthy development for low income children and youth between pre-kindergarten and twelfth grade. Think your program has what it takes to be recognized as a national leader?
There are three categories of Summer Learning Awards for 2022:
Since 2005, the New York Life Foundation, Excellence in Summer Learning Award, defined by its rigorous application and selection process, has recognized enrollment-based programs that keep children and youth safe, healthy and learning during the critical summer months.
Applicants for these awards demonstrate strong outcomes in helping students grow their passions and cement skills learned during the school year through creative curricula, unique programming, and effective family engagement strategies.
According to the National Inventors Hall of Fame, programs focusing on science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and arts, spark imagination and creativity while teaching innovation, critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration among many other skills proven to lead to success. If this sounds like your program, apply for the Summer STEAM Award today!
NSLA Founder’s Award:
Established in 2015, NSLA’s Founder’s Award presented by the New York Life Foundation recognizes informal programs and other non-traditional forms of summer learning innovation that are critical to serving the diverse needs of schools, families, and children.
Each award-winning program receives:
- A $10,000 donation, supported by the New York Life Foundation;
- National recognition at NSLA’s Summer Changes Everything™ annual conference;
- An official award seal for use on their website and in program publications;
- Connection to a network of award-winning leaders in the field and NSLA’s professional development opportunities; and
- Visibility through national and local media outreach, along with acknowledgment from their local elected officials.
Summer Learning Awards Timeline:
- Round 1 application opens – November 17, 2022
- Deadline for Round 1 application – January 21, 2022, by 6 p.m. ET
- Semi-finalists notified – Late February 2022
- Finalists notified – Late April 2022
- Finalists’ site visits – Summer 2022
- Winners announced – August 2022
Dates are subject to change.