NSLA won’t let COVID-19 steal the joy of summer learning and it starts with leaders like you. Program leaders and their teams are at the heart of high-quality summer learning experiences for kids across the nation and are leading the movement to make every summer count. To achieve this goal, summer learning programs must be intentionally designed, planned, and implemented to support the whole child in a safe, inclusive, high-quality experience.
The Summer Bootcamp Series provides program leaders with the tools they need at this moment to keep kids healthy, learning, earning, and thriving through this pandemic and beyond. In this series, we dive into strategies to accelerate learning, build critical partnerships, and plan successful programs with evidence-based practices relevant to any scenario of summer plans emerging this season.
Select a virtual event below to access recordings and presentation slides.
Supercharging Academics and Enrichment in the Summertime
Powering Healthy Minds and Bodies
Strength and Conditioning in Program Operations & Partnerships
Raising the Bar on SEL and Cultural Relevance
View Featured Resources From Each Event
Featured Speakers Include:
- David Shapiro, Chief Executive Officer, MENTOR
- Sam Obeid, Program Director, ANYTOWN®, Community Tampa Bay, 2020 Excellence in Summer Learning Award Winner
- Jon Fortt, Co-anchor, CNBC’s “Squawk Alley” and Founder of The Black Experience in America: The Course
- Emma Dorn, Education Practice Manager, McKinsey & Company
- Tom Rosenberg, President & CEO, American Camp Association
- Laura Zahn, Founder and CEO, Generation Teach
- Karl Alexander, PhD, Academy Professor and John Dewey Professor Emeritus, Sociology, Johns Hopkins University
- Brodrick Clarke, Director, Technical Training, NSLA
Also joining us for the series are:
- Kurtis Donnelly, Chief Operating Officer, Young Audiences/Arts for Learning Maryland, 2020 Excellence in Summer Learning Award Winner
- Lauren Kellner, Managing Program Director, Breakthrough Miami
- Megan Kuhfield, Researcher, NWEA
- Jennifer Peck, President & CEO, Partner for Children and Youth
- and more