The National Summer Learning Association (NSLA) Introduces Summer Innovation Fellowship for Leaders of Color
NSLA believes summer learning programs provide a unique and flexible opportunity for leaders to try out and measure the effectiveness of new ideas and strategies, creative partnerships, and policies before scaling. The severity and enormity of the societal challenges we are facing in America require entrepreneurial leaders to pursue innovative and scalable solutions. NSLA created its Summer Innovation Fellowship Program to empower summer program leaders of color who are innovating the out-of-school time field in service to youth.
NSLA launched a new Summer Innovation Fellowship for leaders of color which offers:
- $20,000 towards implementing an in-person, virtual, or hybrid summer learning program;
- A personal NSLA Coach to work with them regularly in their planning;
- Access to NSLA tools, resources, and special events to support their work;
- Mentoring opportunities with experienced role models and leaders in the field; and
- Free registration to NSLA’s annual “Summer Changes Everything” national conference.
We aim to support emerging leaders of color who are:
- Looking to launch, modify or expand a new program serving low-income students;
- Model and promote unique and innovative practices, partnerships, or policies;
- Address an unmet need and offer students some combination of academic, enrichment, and physical and social-emotional; and
- Interested in measuring their success and joining the NSLA.
You can preview the application here. or apply here. The deadline is January 27, 2023.
For more information, email Leslie Gabay-Swanston, Director of External Affairs, at email@example.com
Learn about the 2022 winners here.